Thursday, September 21, 2017

Gr@y & Blue Fall Road Trip 10

This is night 2 in Wasagaming. I’m in a new site but still at the same campground. My original intention was to spend tonight at Moon Lake which was further north and a more basic campground. When I went there, no one else was occupying it and it was more or less cut off because it was in the middle of a highway construction zone as they were resurfacing the highway. I was hoping to have a place at the lake shore but there was nothing suitable. I toured the park to the north and then headed back to Wasagaming. It is quite a beautiful park up in elevation, an escarpment above the prairie, wooded and not grassland. I had gotten spoiled by the open vista of the prairie where I had been able to spot things far off. Not so here. The pickings were slimmer than I had been used to.
This morning, while making breakfast, I figured out why my eggs had been breaking – there was a glass jar of jam in the cooler that was bashing into things while I was driving. The evidence was in the lid of my peanut butter that looked like someone had taken a small hammer to it. I also figured out a better way to support the canoe on the car so that the canoe would not shift.

It was a very pleasant morning on Clear Lake. I walked out to the end of a little island that has the marina on it and spent a little time out there and saw Ring-billed Gulls and Red-necked Grebe (below). I also went to the visitor centre (above top) and set up my own little make shift office in their theatre so I could update the blog and edit.

No comments :

Post a Comment