Saturday, September 30, 2017

Gr@y & Blue Fall Road Trip 19

I have been looking forward to today ever since I left Victoria on September 11th. I have picked Yolanda up at the airport and we have gone out for a beautiful dinner at the Keg near the airport. Now Yolanda and I are camped at the Indian Line Campground operated by the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority which is in Brampton about 8 km north of Pearson Airport, Toronto.
This morning, I explored the Long Point campsite a little and was quite pleased to sight a bird new to me - an American Woodcock (below) - my Sibleys only covered western North America and did not contain this species so my original identification of a Snipe was wrong.
I left the campsite at 10 am with a few missions this morning. One was to wash the car, canoe and trailer. I then had to get to the Campground in Brampton and hope that it was decent and had a spot available. Once at the campsite I removed everything from the car and cleaned the inside. Once this was done, Yolanda's direct flight from Victoria arrived at the airport at 7:15 pm.

No comments :

Post a Comment