Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Gr@y & Blue Fall Road Trip 02

I have arrived at Lethbridge running on empty to try to make it 0n time to the home of our good friends Dave and Johanne - we went to Yellowstone with them earlier this year on Gr@y & Blue's inaugural run. We had a great dinner with two of their children and one friend - of of their children is living with us in Victoria to go to first year university. Car Puppy (CP) returned the nalgene bottle to their oldest daughter.

This morning's road trip carried on along the Crowsnest Highway. Quite soon after leaving the campsite I was surprised to spot a group of Wild Turkey in a farmer's field. I originally thought this was just part of his livestock but soon realized these were not domestic and were free roaming. I had to double back for photos. I had a second sighting later on that morning before getting to the Creston Valley Wildlife Management Centre.




The stop at the centre was worthwhile as among other this I saw beaver, White Fronted Geese (above top), Double Crested Cormorants, Northern Harrier, Audubon's Warbler (above middle), Hooded Merganser juveniles, and a Common Yellowthroat (above bottom). Unfortunately the educational building will be closing its doors in the fall as they decided 5 years ago to not replace the building and cease its operation - I bought what is now a limited edition T-shirt.
Had an obligatory stop in Sparwood to photo CP with the world's largest truck and then carried on to Lethbridge.

No comments :

Post a Comment