Friday, September 29, 2017

Gr@y & Blue Fall Road Trip 18

I am camped in Long Point Provincial Park in Firefly and Monarch Campgrounds surrounded by the shores of Lake Eerie. I had originally planned to stay here for two nights as it is one of the largest bird and waterfowl migration and staging areas in North America and is located within a designated World Biosphere Reserve. I plan to come back with more time and during the spring migration.


This morning, before leaving the Cyprus Lake campground I explored a little and found those Grackles (below) that were making the racket last night and I also found a parked blue truck towing a T@B trailer, the bigger teardrop trailer that one can stand up in and the kitchen is inside - I took a photo for comparison.

I have traveled today south from the Bruce Peninsula through Southern Ontario enjoying some of the Huron lakeside communities before turning east to explore a village that I had planned to visit with Yolanda on our way to Point Peele. My Father's Father was born in Staffa Ontario and lived there until his father moved the family to Boharm outside of Moose Jaw. I had never been to Staffa. When the McDougalls left Scotland during the Highland Clearance this line of the clan first settled the gently rolling countryside of Staffa. It was a small community that looked past its prime, maybe 20 homes or so but there was a cemetery that I explored to see which ancestor laid there. I recorded the possible significant headstones but at this point in time I am unsure of who was who so I am not sure if I found anything of significance.

1 comment :

  1. I appreciate your efforts and documentation of your visit to Staffa, Ontario. - J.

    ReplyDelete